2010年7月2日 星期五

Training log July 2010

7/1 & 7/2

5 hr low intensity (moderate 40k climb).

Went to 清泉 (Ching-Chuan, clarity springs) in Hsinchu county. It was a route along the pretty valley of a creek. Went down to the river bed to fill my water supply and get natural cold water spa for FREE!

It's a pity I forgot to take a photo with my phone... but the camera sucks anyway.


7/7

Rode about 100 back home along with a guy of the Giant Asia Raing team. Moderate intensity. Real strong head wind... not fun. Even more "not fun", after getting home, I got the e-mail noting that I'd flunked out. No more school, at last?


7/15

1.5-HR morning ride, mid intensity, small (but a little bit steep) climb about 1k. This ain't gonna be a "training" log is it...


7/18

1.5-HR very low intensity, hill climb afterwards (Chung-Tai Rd)


7/21

1.5 hr morning ride (two laps tempo around last year's National Road Race course)


7/22

morning ride 30min+ @ near LT heart rate (can't say for sure really, 'cause originally I wanted to do a 20-min LT test, but my HRM wasn't functioning properly in the first 5 or 10 minutes)

"Criterium" mode around a small park near my home :)


7/24

3hr morning ride, mid-high to high intensity (3 laps around national RR route)


7/25

2hr morning ride, low to mid intensity, with occasional sprints. Neck and torso a bit fatigued to do decent training, but legs are good.


7/26

LT testing in the morning, failed (pushed the chrono button instead of "training time", so no data was recorded... damn)

Heart rate down to around 70~85 after dinner (and a 30-min nap in the afternoon)


7/27

rained all day... used roller to do some easy training, target zone 100~140 (zone 3?): training time 1hr06'26, Tin 55'48, avg 136, max 147. Not bad for some first-attempt HR control?

My right heel seems to drop down a bit. Might be time to check the toe-in setup for my cleat.


7/28

Roller in the morning. Warm up about 15 minutes, and then work at training zone 170~180bpm... ended up average 176, max 185. Total training time: 16'59.

There's a club race coming 8th August; a 27km time trial. I think I'll need to be able to sustain above 170 for 40 minutes in order to get a good race simulation. The national RR course would serve as quite a good option for aerobic interval training: 7 minutes of hill climb per lap.

And finally, I was able to ride no-hands on the rollers! :D


(evening) 1.5 hours after dinner, roller 35 minutes easy. Tried hands off, swinging around and other balancing drills. My quads are loosened up, but glutes still a bit tight.

It's strange since I have not felt the fatigue in the quads for some time. And it happened this morning, while I was pedaling larger gear in the drops. You'd expect one to use more his glutes and hamstrings in this position, don't you?

The weather forecast says it still rains tomorrow.


7/29

PB for a 2km hill climb: 6'21 (elevation 117m, avg. gradient 5~6%)

Previous record was like 7'25 or something set about a week ago, but not exactly under TT condition, just setting a time standard. Originally I just wanted to get inside seven minutes before boot camp (6'30 might be superb).... so to get a 6'21 was outstanding.


7/30

Recovery ride 2Hr in the morning, roller easy 1Hr in the evening.

沒有留言:

張貼留言