2010年7月13日 星期二

SITREP

3rd day into the study. Yup, I'm back at it once again... but this time for different goals. Graduation from college has not been an option anymore (as I've failed completely), but after five years of hanging around, I'd be able to attend the exam for grade school using the equivalent education level acquired during this period.

But when? Two years after would be the most possible. That's including 14 months in the military, starting (hopefully) late this August or early September. In other words, the exam would take place in March-April 2012, about four to five months after I'd served my time.

Not too much time to get ready, but just about enough. Subjects: engineering math (calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, probability), mechanics(statics/dynamics), and mechanics of materials. (And maybe English.) Yup, this time I'm heading for the one direction that I should have headed five years ago: mechanical engineering!

Well it's a bit weird to say the least, but my family, esp. parents, still expect me to at least get a degree. Whether this would be of any help... I don't know. Because deep down I still want to be an athletic coach, or a masseur. And I'm pretty sure, a grade school degree in ME isn't going to be of too much help in that area. But there being nothing else to do, and since these subjects aren't as boring anyway, I'll just do it as a past time.

They say that only the experience of military service separates the men from the boys. I wonder, would I then be really able to decide things on my own, as a grown man?

1 則留言: