2010年8月5日 星期四

Training Log August 2010

8/2

Intervals: 1min x5, 1min rest inbetween. Origionally planed to do 8 or 10 reps as a set, but I forgot to use my favorite Sistux chamois cream and me crouch started to burn :(

No significant sensations in the legs. Just wanted to prevent any chance of abrasion so as not to interfere with the up-coming trainings.


8/3

2hr morning ride mid intensity-tempo (2 laps around national road race course), with several sub-maximum "long sprints" (seated, above pursuit efforts and held for a minute or slightly over). Also practiced starts (60~70% of my all-out kilo start).


8/5

Recon training. The Sunday TT course turned out to be pretty ideal: out and back, pretty much all flat route along a river enbankment, not much traffic; and I found a reasonable race pace (and gearing) on the way back... but interuped by a wrong turn.

The total racing distance is 26km and a bit. Hopefully no wind. Wanted to get inside 40 minutes... prabably acceptable on a road bike with doun-tube shifters? Although I'd be using borrowed 4-spoke carbon wheels and a "pseudo" TT position. But the sweat's gonna make the top bars slippery.

My saddle needs to get dialed-in before tomorrow, just a minor tweak (within 3mm). Probably recon training again?


8/6

Recon training again, but only did 1/3 of the race distance because I've bruised my forearms. Also found that the course is acutually a little bit of ascent going out... but pacing and gearing would be no problem. With (borrowed) racing wheels I think 27km should take me about 47 minutes. Anything under 45 would be quite satisfying.

The saddle is almost done. Only need to ride the rollers tomorrow to address my pedaling motion (still not silky-smooth to say the least). But discomforts in the hip joint is gone.

Gonna repack my front hub tonight!


8/7

Rode 30min on the rollers. Big bummer... had to pass the race tomorrow for some reason.


8/10

"Training" is coming to an end now... no more reason to keep riding before boot camp. Did a 1400m run today (6 minutes and a bit); I heard that the standards in the military is like you'll get a pretty good score for 3000 meters if you get under 13 minutes.

Running exposed numerous weak spots in my core muscle group.

2 則留言:

  1. GOOD LUCK tomorrow! When will you be able to 'access' the real world again? In the US, Boot Camp is for 6 weeks.

    回覆刪除
  2. I'm accessing right now... two-day brief off. Going back 1800 today.

    回覆刪除